Yesterday I witnessed an amazing sequence of events. I was filling up at the local Sinclair station by our house when a couple of police officers came past with lights and sirens. I didn't think much of it until about 30 seconds later when a bullet bike came by in the opposite direction doing about 70 - 80 miles per hour. There was three police officers chasing him. Well, I watched his front tire wobble just a little bit and that was all it took. He crashed, HARD. He went flying, his bike slid under an SUV that was coming the other way and started on fire! The SUV quickly became a ball of fire (Don't worry, everyone inside got out safely). But the craziest part of this whole story comes when I looked back to see what had happened to the guy that crashed. He was up and running away from the cops! I have absolutely no idea how he survived that crash with no helmet on.
This was definitely the craziest thing I have ever witnessed.
UPDATE: This story was on the front of page of the Standard Examiner this morning. Here is a picture. Don't bother reading the story though, the details of the accident are highly inaccurate from what I witnessed.

This was definitely the craziest thing I have ever witnessed.
UPDATE: This story was on the front of page of the Standard Examiner this morning. Here is a picture. Don't bother reading the story though, the details of the accident are highly inaccurate from what I witnessed.

Comments
place to live. I am glad everyone was OK. Good thing you were getting gas and not on the road. I'm sure we will read all about it in the BENJ!!