Skip to main content

If you don't want my opinion... don't read this.

OK, I went to the midnight showing of Twilight early friday morning. Jamie got me some tickets (thank you Jame!) and I took Carrisa with me, we did have a lot of fun. (my camera is still broken so sorry there are no pictures) However, I was truly disappointed with the movie and I even went in with "low" expectations!
Where to do I even start with why I didn't like it...
Of course when they make a movie from a book you expect things to be different. They did a few too many things out of place of left out or added in my opinion.
For the most part the acting was cheesy. Don't get me wrong, there were some good parts. There were times that the movie was suppose to be serious and it was so funny. Everyone in the theater was laughing.
I never really felt a connection between Edward and Bella.
 
Except when they kiss for the first time :) 
but even that was out of place in the movie! I felt like it was forced and If I hadn't read the book I don't know if I would have known what was really going on.
In reality I have a few more things that really bothered me but I won't go into them. If you want to know just ask me. 
Go and see the movie so you can form your own opinion please! 

p.s. The best part of the whole movie is Chief Swan- he takes the cake!

Comments

Megan J. Dawson said…
I think I agree with you! I didn't think the movie was bad, but cheesy, really choppy, and you really would be lost if you hadn't read the book. They sped through every scene.
Matt and Jenni said…
I'm worried about that.... I'm not seeing it until Monday, so I'm certain after that I will have a similar post. Why is it that EVERY movie that MTV is involved with ends up being cheesy? I'm so upset.... and I haven't even seen it yet!!!
Tara and Andrew said…
Sorry, Jena....Totally disagree with you on this one. I absolutely LOVED IT!!!!:)
Gallant Family said…
I agree with the Chief Swan award--he did great! I was disappointed too. Gina loved it, though. I think some characters did a good job, but overall, not so good. Just okay in my opinion. Maybe with more $$$, New Moon will be a better movie {I hope}.
Carrie and Jeff said…
I've had a couple friends tell me that they liked it a lot more the second time they saw it. Maybe we should go to it together when I come up for Thanksgiving. Jeff might want to come with too. What do you think?
nelson clan said…
I'm glad that I didn't go to a midnight showing of the movie even though I was up at that time. I still think I will try and see the movie, bit not sure when it will be.
Shalese said…
Jena, not only did I finally start my own blog but I have also seen Twilight. Ahhhh! What were they thinking?
Unknown said…
Found your blog lurking through others. Grate to find people from High School sometimes! Looks like you are both doing great! If you don't remember me, sorry for this random post, if you do, :)

Popular posts from this blog

Playlist Fun

I thought this would be a cool idea, and a chance for me to brag about how awesome we are ;) I decided to create a playlist that only had bands on it that either Jena or I (or both) have seen in concert. So you are now listening to this playlist. Here is a little information to go along with the playlist: It only includes bands that we wanted to see, it doesn't include opening bands (unless we really liked them). You will notice that there is more than 1 song for a few of the bands. This reflects how many times we have seen them live. (Yes, I have seen Red Hot Chili Peppers 3 times, and I will see them again if I have the chance.) I refused to include songs from 2 of the concerts that Jena has been to, for personal reasons. These concerts are Garth Brooks and The Dixie Chicks. The first concert I ever went to was in 8th grade and it was Jimmy Page and Robert Plant. You know, from Led Zeppelin. I took my dad to see Deep Purple for Father's Day a few years back. Smoke on the Wate...

Look Who's Gettin' Married!

Dallin and Sam  are getting married in May! We just love Sam and are super excited to have her in our family. In other news... Jordis is 8 months old... ... and she has us laughing everyday! By the way, I will be making this here blog private .  You know the drill.  Leave your e-mail if you want an invite.

Our Everyday Life: Weeks 15-21

Where do I begin?! A lot has happened in the few short weeks that I haven't blogged. We unexpectedly moved back to Utah! Not only Utah, but our old hometown. **** Before we moved back to Utah, we visited family in Utah for Thanksgiving. Creating hand turkeys with Mema for thanksgiving. Jordis was quite positive that we couldn't see her. Barber Family Photo! I think he's pretty handsome... Boy band shot. All the grand kids.  We made candy sleds to race at GG's house with some of Jordis' cousins.  ****    We frequently head to the Harley store as a form of entertainment. Jordis could ride on this rocking  Harley all day. Notice that she HAS to wear gloves while riding. We had one last get together with some of our really good friends in Twin before we left. Visiting someones house that they decorate their entire yard and ...