Skip to main content

Willkommen

We have FINALLY started to paint the outside of our house! 
First up, the doors. They were recently white, and now Observatory Blue. I absolutely love it. We also changed the red trim around the doors to white. Next up, Deserted Island for the rest of the house. I am super excited for when that happens... sometime soon I hope :)
Here is a small sampling of our new windows. I will post more on them when they are finished and the house is painted.


****

Chris and I love to "get away" but doesn't everyone? You're crazy if you don't ;0)
The first part of June I had a convention for work up in Midway. We stayed at the Zermatt Resort and I had so much fun (even with co-workers) I knew Chris and I needed to go back soon, so we did! Craig and Stefanie joined us and made it that much more fun.

Our rooms came with robes, so we had a "robe party."
Okay, we really just wore them down to the pool.

Next morning we ate at the little Swiss  pastry shop located in the resort. Even though they didn't have half of the things listed on the menu, it was still delicious.

We had some time to kill before heading into Park City so we went to visit the goats on the side of the hill above the resort. I just love goats! 

I especially love baby animals.

After getting our fill of the goats, we headed into Park City to go horseback riding. I haven't been on a horse since I was around 12 years old and Chris (and Craig) have never been horseback riding. 
I wish I could ride horses every day.

Craig and Stefanie with Jo Jo who was trying to eat her watch.

The trail that we rode on was beautiful. We could have ridden for hours if my bottom didn't start hurting (it's still a little sore for those who want to know).
My horse, Rooster, was a little crazy. Not only did he have gas, but he liked to make his own trail. Meaning I got a little freaked out when he started to go his own way. It made us all laugh though.
I guess we forgot to give the horses potty breaks on the trail because as soon as we got back they all did this... 
It also made us laugh :0

Nothing like a healthy game of tether ball.

We walked across the street to the Homestead. I stayed here the last time I went horseback riding with my family. There is a big creator that you can scuba dive in. We didn't come prepared to actually get into the water, but it was cool to watch others diving.
At the entrance to the creator.

You can also go on top of the creator and see some great views.


This view is personally my favorite.


Comments

Carrie and Jeff said…
What a fun trip. The picture of you and chris standing by the horse...I think I see his long shlong hangin. Interesting. Your house is lookin awesome. When are you fixin' that part? Jeff can come help.
Gallant Family said…
FUN JENA! And awesome pictures! I remember going to that crater place. I love that last one. Very cool. If you guys get a farm and horses, I'll come ride with you every day. LOVE YOU :0)
Jessica said…
I love Midway!! How fun for you to get a way! It is the best!

Popular posts from this blog

Playlist Fun

I thought this would be a cool idea, and a chance for me to brag about how awesome we are ;) I decided to create a playlist that only had bands on it that either Jena or I (or both) have seen in concert. So you are now listening to this playlist. Here is a little information to go along with the playlist: It only includes bands that we wanted to see, it doesn't include opening bands (unless we really liked them). You will notice that there is more than 1 song for a few of the bands. This reflects how many times we have seen them live. (Yes, I have seen Red Hot Chili Peppers 3 times, and I will see them again if I have the chance.) I refused to include songs from 2 of the concerts that Jena has been to, for personal reasons. These concerts are Garth Brooks and The Dixie Chicks. The first concert I ever went to was in 8th grade and it was Jimmy Page and Robert Plant. You know, from Led Zeppelin. I took my dad to see Deep Purple for Father's Day a few years back. Smoke on the Wate...

Look Who's Gettin' Married!

Dallin and Sam  are getting married in May! We just love Sam and are super excited to have her in our family. In other news... Jordis is 8 months old... ... and she has us laughing everyday! By the way, I will be making this here blog private .  You know the drill.  Leave your e-mail if you want an invite.

Our Everyday Life: Weeks 15-21

Where do I begin?! A lot has happened in the few short weeks that I haven't blogged. We unexpectedly moved back to Utah! Not only Utah, but our old hometown. **** Before we moved back to Utah, we visited family in Utah for Thanksgiving. Creating hand turkeys with Mema for thanksgiving. Jordis was quite positive that we couldn't see her. Barber Family Photo! I think he's pretty handsome... Boy band shot. All the grand kids.  We made candy sleds to race at GG's house with some of Jordis' cousins.  ****    We frequently head to the Harley store as a form of entertainment. Jordis could ride on this rocking  Harley all day. Notice that she HAS to wear gloves while riding. We had one last get together with some of our really good friends in Twin before we left. Visiting someones house that they decorate their entire yard and ...