Here's what's new.
Somebody got to take a bath... finally.
It took a little over 3 weeks for the entire cord to fall out.
She loves, loves, loves to take a bath. And I love her bath tub made by Puj.
I also can't get enough of this picture!
Some of the new things Jordis is doing are:
* Smiling (a lot)
* Laughing
* Singing with mommy
* Sleeping amazingly at night
* We think she now weights about 11 lbs.
In other "new" news...
I will be attempting to learn how to sew. Thanks to my beautiful sister-in-law, Shari.
She gave me this here sewing machine, but I can't remember how to use it. I think the last time I used one is in 7th grade home economics :)
The plan is to make our Halloween costumes this year. Here's to hoping!
I will be a new student this year at Weber State!
I'll be studying vocal pedagogy.
If any of you know me well, you know how much I love raisinets.
I tried out the new cranberry raisinets and they are delicious. I highly recommend them.
Chris has some friends at work who recommended watching the Avatar cartoon series.
We did and fell in love with it! I know it's meant for kids, but we found it very entertaining and funny.
A movie based on this series just came out and I heard it wasn't very good. Has anyone of you seen it? If so and you didn't like it, watch the cartoon! So good.
I just can't wait for this new book to come out!
Who's with me on this?
They are making the first book in this series into a movie. Am I excited for this?
Kind of.
I am hesitant because I loathed the way they did everything about the Twilight saga movies.
I just hope they don't ruin this one...
Here is who I think would be a good Katniss Everdeen
Selena Gomez
and maybe Baillee Maddison as Rue?
What do you think? And who do you think should play the other characters?
Try out this new recipe.
Apple Pancakes
1 cup milk
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 T sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 T melted butter
apple slices, thin
Combine dry ingredients in mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, beat egg lightly and add milk. Combine and add to dry ingredients. Add melted butter. Ladle onto electric griddle coated with butter and add apple slices to each pancake. Cook @ 375. Flip after about 2 minutes on first side and cook until golden brown or for about 1 minute on opposite side.
Serve with Caramel Creme
3 parts brown sugar mixed with 2 parts whipping cream. Warm in microwave for 2 min. Do not boil.
We made these last night and I'm telling you we will NEVER make packaged mix pancakes ever again. And the Caramel Creme is to die for.
If you don't feel like cooking, go and stay at the Riter Mansion up in Logan.
That is where we had this for the first time a couple of years ago. Good times :0)







Comments
I've never read the book. I haven't read much in the last few weeks. Need to start up again. And those pancakes sound divine! Where do you get carmel cream? Mmmmmmm....