Skip to main content

What's in a name?

For some reason, and I don't know why, I wanted to talk about why we have the names we have. It may be because of all of the babies being born in my family. Who knows. I have also added for your enjoyment some pictures of us as babies :)

I asked Annette (Chris' mom) why they had picked Christopher. She said that she wished she had a good story, but that is just a name they liked. They did have girl names picked out though. If Chris would have been a girl his name would probably have been Trisha. His middle name is Alan and they do have a story behind that name. Annette was friends with Alan Dixon (the plumber) growing up and Brad was mission companions with him in Mexico. To make a long but good story short, that is how Brad and Annette met.

When I asked my parents about my name, Jenalyn, I was told that they didn't go to the hospital prepared with a name (like most people do now) and my grandma Gunther said to use her best friends name. I was always happy that my grandma kinda named me because she died 6 months after I was born so I never really met her. It gave me some sort of connection to her.


Comments

Gallant Family said…
What a fun idea. I love your name. I've met other "jena's" but they don't have the same name and they usually spell it with two "n's." Btw, those pictures are great.
Carrie and Jeff said…
That is a funny picture of Chris---talk about deer in the headlights. So, I guess your children will be blondies when they're little. I can't believe Chris had that light of hair! That is a great idea to tell the stories about your names. I might have to use it someday when I need an idea for a blog.
Me said…
Chris as a blonde? Would have never thought! This is a cute idea. You are so creative!
destiny said…
Did you know I am related to Alan Dixon? He's my grandpa's cousin or something like that!

What cute baby pictures! This was a really cute post.
nelson clan said…
I don't even think that baby looks like Chris. He looks so different. We showed Garrett the pictures a couple of days ago and I just asked him who was the baby girl in the picture, and he said it was baby Jena.

Popular posts from this blog

Playlist Fun

I thought this would be a cool idea, and a chance for me to brag about how awesome we are ;) I decided to create a playlist that only had bands on it that either Jena or I (or both) have seen in concert. So you are now listening to this playlist. Here is a little information to go along with the playlist: It only includes bands that we wanted to see, it doesn't include opening bands (unless we really liked them). You will notice that there is more than 1 song for a few of the bands. This reflects how many times we have seen them live. (Yes, I have seen Red Hot Chili Peppers 3 times, and I will see them again if I have the chance.) I refused to include songs from 2 of the concerts that Jena has been to, for personal reasons. These concerts are Garth Brooks and The Dixie Chicks. The first concert I ever went to was in 8th grade and it was Jimmy Page and Robert Plant. You know, from Led Zeppelin. I took my dad to see Deep Purple for Father's Day a few years back. Smoke on the Wate...

Look Who's Gettin' Married!

Dallin and Sam  are getting married in May! We just love Sam and are super excited to have her in our family. In other news... Jordis is 8 months old... ... and she has us laughing everyday! By the way, I will be making this here blog private .  You know the drill.  Leave your e-mail if you want an invite.

Our Everyday Life: Weeks 15-21

Where do I begin?! A lot has happened in the few short weeks that I haven't blogged. We unexpectedly moved back to Utah! Not only Utah, but our old hometown. **** Before we moved back to Utah, we visited family in Utah for Thanksgiving. Creating hand turkeys with Mema for thanksgiving. Jordis was quite positive that we couldn't see her. Barber Family Photo! I think he's pretty handsome... Boy band shot. All the grand kids.  We made candy sleds to race at GG's house with some of Jordis' cousins.  ****    We frequently head to the Harley store as a form of entertainment. Jordis could ride on this rocking  Harley all day. Notice that she HAS to wear gloves while riding. We had one last get together with some of our really good friends in Twin before we left. Visiting someones house that they decorate their entire yard and ...