My sister Carrie invited Chris and I to St. George last weekend to see the Parade of Homes. We were so excited to go but it snowed and Jeff had to plow up in Park City. Chris and I were so bummed we decided to go this weekend with just the two of us. Some of you might say "Why would you drive 4 and 1/2 hours to stay 2 nights in St. George"? Our answer to this... No Snow!
And to eat at our most favorite restaurant-The Painted Pony.
Our water came in goblets. Nice touch.
Chris's avocado and grapefruit salad
My Macaroni and Cheese
The BEST cheesecake in the whole world!
The pictures don't do it justice.
It was so worth the drive just for this.
You will just have to try it to believe us.
We also saw the movie Coraline. I was expecting it to be weird... and it was. I am not sure If I would let my kids see it, if I had any kids that is. There is a part were a really well endowed woman is pretty much wearing pasties and a thong. Weird.
This was a much needed quick weekend away. I strongly suggest everyone to do something like this! Pack your bags for the weekend, get a cheap hotel, treat yourselves to some really good food, and sleep in!
(Just so you know it took about 12 tries to get this picture.
I kept closing my eyes! :)
Comments
I think that cheesecake looks d.vine! I am guessing you guys don't like blueberries?!?
And I HAVE to ask about that picture, Jena. WHat the heck?