Skip to main content

Pure Delight


I find it kinda of strange that I never really like to read when I was younger. I guess it wasn't that I didn't like to read, I just didn't have a passion for it.
Life sure has changed.
I can't tell you how funny it feels when I don't have a book to read. My day to day life doesn't seem complete if I don't have a book to read.
The book I just finished is The Guernsey literary and potato peel pie society. I can't tell you all how much I fell head over heels in love with this little jewel. Seriously so touching. Please, if you love to read, READ THIS. The characters I swear are my friends and I can't wait to one day visit Guernsey and stay in Elizabeth's home and walk in silence on the beach with Dawsey. If you like Pride and Prejudice, you will love this.

Next on the list (and it's a long list)

The Hunger Games
I have heard so much about this book and can't wait to dive in!

Oh, and by the way... happy 100th post to me.

Comments

Erin said…
Thanks for the heads up on this book you posted about. I am always looking for good books to read and am terrible at just picking them out. I will definitely be reading this one. And as far as Hunger games goes I LOVED that book, so did john. John actually thought it was equal to how much he like the harry potter books. We both read it on our cruise. I think john was a little more interested in the book than our cruise!

Erin P.
Megan J. Dawson said…
I love hearing about new books to read... I will have to get this one.
Matt and Jenni said…
Keep the recommendations coming! It's so scary to take a chance and just buy a book you have never heard anything about....you never know if it's really gonna be crap!
Me said…
Happy 100th post to you!! I can't wait to have time to read again!
Jessica said…
I might have to join you in feeling the need for a good book to make the day complete. With my newly found enjoyment of reading, I feel lost without a book right now. . . . So I feel like such an idiot because I bookmarked your blog a long time ago, not realizing that then it would forever pull up on the same blog entry, so I didn't realize you had been updating your blog all this time. . . . silly me, so blog challenged. :)
Carrie and Jeff said…
Catching Fire comes out soon...or did today. I'm not sure...I need to check. It's the sequel to Hunger games.

Popular posts from this blog

Playlist Fun

I thought this would be a cool idea, and a chance for me to brag about how awesome we are ;) I decided to create a playlist that only had bands on it that either Jena or I (or both) have seen in concert. So you are now listening to this playlist. Here is a little information to go along with the playlist: It only includes bands that we wanted to see, it doesn't include opening bands (unless we really liked them). You will notice that there is more than 1 song for a few of the bands. This reflects how many times we have seen them live. (Yes, I have seen Red Hot Chili Peppers 3 times, and I will see them again if I have the chance.) I refused to include songs from 2 of the concerts that Jena has been to, for personal reasons. These concerts are Garth Brooks and The Dixie Chicks. The first concert I ever went to was in 8th grade and it was Jimmy Page and Robert Plant. You know, from Led Zeppelin. I took my dad to see Deep Purple for Father's Day a few years back. Smoke on the Wate...

Look Who's Gettin' Married!

Dallin and Sam  are getting married in May! We just love Sam and are super excited to have her in our family. In other news... Jordis is 8 months old... ... and she has us laughing everyday! By the way, I will be making this here blog private .  You know the drill.  Leave your e-mail if you want an invite.

Our Everyday Life: Weeks 15-21

Where do I begin?! A lot has happened in the few short weeks that I haven't blogged. We unexpectedly moved back to Utah! Not only Utah, but our old hometown. **** Before we moved back to Utah, we visited family in Utah for Thanksgiving. Creating hand turkeys with Mema for thanksgiving. Jordis was quite positive that we couldn't see her. Barber Family Photo! I think he's pretty handsome... Boy band shot. All the grand kids.  We made candy sleds to race at GG's house with some of Jordis' cousins.  ****    We frequently head to the Harley store as a form of entertainment. Jordis could ride on this rocking  Harley all day. Notice that she HAS to wear gloves while riding. We had one last get together with some of our really good friends in Twin before we left. Visiting someones house that they decorate their entire yard and ...