Skip to main content

What a glorious feeling

Where to begin!
 First off, sorry this is a few days over due. But, so was Jordis. 8 days as a matter of fact.
I would like to share with all of you our most wonderful, exciting, and glorious experience of the birth of our first child. Or, you can skip over it and look at her pictures ;)

The last picture of me pregnant. Boy do I look huge.


I left you off in the previous post that we would be heading to the hospital Wednesday the 16th to see where my progress was. Well, on Tuesday night, I started having contractions! They were 30 min. apart so no big deal. At about 4:30 a.m. on Wednesday morning they were about 15 min. apart so I could no longer sleep. I decided to call my doctor later that morning and he said to come in so he could see where I was. I had progressed to a 2 and 70% effaced. The good news was that I didn't have to go to the hospital to be started that night. He said to plan on going in at 4:00 a.m. on Thursday the 17th to start on pitocin. As luck would have it, the contraction were getting closer together so we ended up going into the hospital that night. At 3:30 a.m. on Thursday morning they started my IV, but my doctor came in and checked me and I was progressing on my own. I did end up getting an epidural at 7:00 a.m. though. It was a bit too painful for my liking. I started to push around 3:00 p.m. to try and turn Jordis. It took about an hour and the mention of forceps for her to turn the correct way. 30 more min. of pushing and she was here!



Jordis Lucille Barber was born at 4:28 p.m. on June 17, 2010
weighing 8 pounds 14 ounces, 21 inches

Dr. Daniel Ferguson.
In my own personal opinion, the best doctor in the whole world. He is the most competent and caring doctor I have ever met. He took very good care of us.
Yes I cut myself out of this picture. To be honest, I looked like a blimp.

Here is my sweetheart with his darling little girl.
 Chris was the best support I could have asked for during labor. Especially while holding my throw up bucket.

Chris changing her first diaper


Jordis






Here are some of her many visitors.

Grandma & Grandpa Barber. 
Jordis is their 9th grandchild.

Grandma Gunther 
She has been staying the night with us to help and let us get some sleep. I could not ask for a better mother. Chris said he wouldn't trade her for any other mother-in-law! We love you so much mom and can't even begin telling you how much we appreciate what you have done for us.

Grandpa Gunther

The most excited "aunt" in the whole world. 
Carrisa seriously counted down the days until she was born and couldn't wait to finally meet her.


Uncle Dallin

Aunts Carrie and Julie

My sister Dana will be coming down this week and we'll take some more pictures of our precious little sweepea!

I just wanted to tell everyone thank you for all of the well wishes and continued support that you are giving our family. We can't say it enough.

Thank You

Comments

AmyJ said…
Congratulations!!! She's a beauty!! The pictures are all beautiful and will become more and more precious as the years go by.

Congratulations again, and keep the pictures coming!!
She is beautiful!!! Congratulations! 8 days over due! Whoa, I made it to '3 weeks to go' and was dying then! Lol and they were still 7 pounds! But congrats and good luck!
Carrie and Jeff said…
I just loooove her. I can't wait to see her again. I'm sad I'll be gone this weekend and won't get to see everyone. but I will be in the happiest place on earth ya know.
Beautiful little girl! Really! I love the name, by the way! AND--she has the BEST birthday POSSIBLE!!! ;)
Matt and Jenni said…
How wonderful! I have been waiting not-so-patiently for you to tell your story on here. She is absolutely gorgeous! I'm so darn happy for your guys. :) And YES, she knew what she was doing when she came on the 17th -- best day to be born! ;)
Megan J. Dawson said…
She is so beautiful! i love all her hair.
nelson clan said…
She is so cute. I can't wait to see her again this weekend.
Ally said…
Congrats Jena!! She is gorgeous! Great work!:)
the hipps said…
Congrats guys! I just found your blog from Caramie and Matt's... I didn't even know you were expecting. She's adorable!!!
Gallant Family said…
Whoa! Where have I been?!? Sorry I haven't been blogging lately. How come we didn't even take a pic of me with her? Well, I guess next time, eh? I don't think I have a pic of Evan with Julie, but I have the rest {except Glade, I guess, but that's not going to happen!}. LOVE YOU ALL TO PIECES. That pic of Jordis on the sidebar was my favorite of the 'shoot'. PERFECT!
She's darling!! I love her name too. I agree with you that Dr. Ferguson is the best doctor out there! He took good care of my twinners and I too :). Sadly I didn't take a picture of him with our little guys. Anyway, congrats!!!
Jessica said…
Congratulations! So happy for you and Chris! So happy to hear you are all happy and healthy and well!

Popular posts from this blog

Playlist Fun

I thought this would be a cool idea, and a chance for me to brag about how awesome we are ;) I decided to create a playlist that only had bands on it that either Jena or I (or both) have seen in concert. So you are now listening to this playlist. Here is a little information to go along with the playlist: It only includes bands that we wanted to see, it doesn't include opening bands (unless we really liked them). You will notice that there is more than 1 song for a few of the bands. This reflects how many times we have seen them live. (Yes, I have seen Red Hot Chili Peppers 3 times, and I will see them again if I have the chance.) I refused to include songs from 2 of the concerts that Jena has been to, for personal reasons. These concerts are Garth Brooks and The Dixie Chicks. The first concert I ever went to was in 8th grade and it was Jimmy Page and Robert Plant. You know, from Led Zeppelin. I took my dad to see Deep Purple for Father's Day a few years back. Smoke on the Wate...

Look Who's Gettin' Married!

Dallin and Sam  are getting married in May! We just love Sam and are super excited to have her in our family. In other news... Jordis is 8 months old... ... and she has us laughing everyday! By the way, I will be making this here blog private .  You know the drill.  Leave your e-mail if you want an invite.

Our Everyday Life: Weeks 15-21

Where do I begin?! A lot has happened in the few short weeks that I haven't blogged. We unexpectedly moved back to Utah! Not only Utah, but our old hometown. **** Before we moved back to Utah, we visited family in Utah for Thanksgiving. Creating hand turkeys with Mema for thanksgiving. Jordis was quite positive that we couldn't see her. Barber Family Photo! I think he's pretty handsome... Boy band shot. All the grand kids.  We made candy sleds to race at GG's house with some of Jordis' cousins.  ****    We frequently head to the Harley store as a form of entertainment. Jordis could ride on this rocking  Harley all day. Notice that she HAS to wear gloves while riding. We had one last get together with some of our really good friends in Twin before we left. Visiting someones house that they decorate their entire yard and ...