Okay, so this is the last of it.
Almost everyday we ate ice cream or *gelato* at this awesome place called Finzi Contini.
If I could, I would open one of these in Utah... it was that good.

On our last day we went to the "newer" part of town. This area has recently been updated because they had the worlds fair in 1998.
One place we stopped by was the Oceanarium.
These guys are my favorite at any aquarium! They were actually huge...and sleeping. I was sad that they weren't playing but, they both had a piece of seaweed wrapped around them like a blanket. It was so cute !


I wish you all could have seen this guy. He weighs 2 tons and he was probably the weirdest fish I have ever seen.

Penguins

The floating walk way.



We stopped off for some lunch at a place called Irish & Co.

Once again I got chicken and it has never tasted like this before. You know the seasoning you can use in ramen noodles, that's what it tasted like. Kinda weird.
This is one of the many
"toasties" Chris got.
We were so excited to go here because they had Pepsi (everywhere had Coke)
I took a sip and something tasted funny. Then I realized it tasted like beer... and Pepsi.
So we always say we had BeerPepsi in Portugal.

We did some last day shopping for souvenirs and went to a cathedral we missed earlier on our trip.
THE cathedral (that's the name)


This cathedral is still being used. (I don't know what you call it)

Some tile work at one of the metro stops.
(do you see Huey, Dewey, and Louie?)

We saved the best for last.
The music of Portugal is Fado. It is like mariachi to Mexico.
We were told this was the best club to go to to experience live fado music. We were not disappointed.

Once again french fries-even at the most expensive places!

My beef and pork kabob.

Traditional Portuguese meal *bacalhau*
Salted dried cod fish... obviously an acquired taste.

Almost everyday we ate ice cream or *gelato* at this awesome place called Finzi Contini.
If I could, I would open one of these in Utah... it was that good.
On our last day we went to the "newer" part of town. This area has recently been updated because they had the worlds fair in 1998.
One place we stopped by was the Oceanarium.
These guys are my favorite at any aquarium! They were actually huge...and sleeping. I was sad that they weren't playing but, they both had a piece of seaweed wrapped around them like a blanket. It was so cute !
I wish you all could have seen this guy. He weighs 2 tons and he was probably the weirdest fish I have ever seen.
Penguins
The floating walk way.
We stopped off for some lunch at a place called Irish & Co.
Once again I got chicken and it has never tasted like this before. You know the seasoning you can use in ramen noodles, that's what it tasted like. Kinda weird.
This is one of the many
"toasties" Chris got.
We were so excited to go here because they had Pepsi (everywhere had Coke)
I took a sip and something tasted funny. Then I realized it tasted like beer... and Pepsi.
So we always say we had BeerPepsi in Portugal.
We did some last day shopping for souvenirs and went to a cathedral we missed earlier on our trip.
THE cathedral (that's the name)
This cathedral is still being used. (I don't know what you call it)
Some tile work at one of the metro stops.
(do you see Huey, Dewey, and Louie?)
We saved the best for last.
The music of Portugal is Fado. It is like mariachi to Mexico.
We were told this was the best club to go to to experience live fado music. We were not disappointed.

Once again french fries-even at the most expensive places!

My beef and pork kabob.

Traditional Portuguese meal *bacalhau*
Salted dried cod fish... obviously an acquired taste.

Hear is a video of the fado singer with 2 guitarists. The video does not do it justice.
Comments