This was by far one of the best places we visited.
So much character and charm. Buildings so close together with small winding roads.
I loved it.
So much character and charm. Buildings so close together with small winding roads.
I loved it.


There were plenty of fresh water fountains that you could actually drink from. I don't know why, but we never drank from them.

Quinta da Regaleira

A large mansion with acres of huge gardens and under ground tunnels.
We toured the inside of the mansion. It was pretty freaky. I am positive it's haunted.
At the top of the mansion.
Walking around the grounds.


Yes, that is green water.

These stones lead to underground tunnels. We were scared to cross them at first but Chris got brave and we figured out that we were suppose to cross them. If you have ever watched MXC you might have an idea why he was scared. Sinkers & Floaters.
This was the best part of the grounds. A huge tower! Here we are walking around the top and looking down the tower.
This is the view from the top.

Castelo dos Mouros
or
The Moores castle

Holy stairs! We walked from one end to the other of the castle. I have never had such a calf workout before! I was sore for days.

This was the oldest part of the castle... built in the 700's!!!
Palace of Pena
or
Palacio de Pena
Built in the 19th century.

We were not allowed to take pictures of the inside of the palace, but I swear that people use to be really short because although the palace looks large, the rooms were short and small.
or
Palacio de Pena
Built in the 19th century.

We were not allowed to take pictures of the inside of the palace, but I swear that people use to be really short because although the palace looks large, the rooms were short and small.
Triton Arch

View from the Palace.
Now, I have never had a fear of heights, but when we started to walk around the outside of the palace, I got that sinking feeling in my stomach and slowly walked backwards. It was awesome!

Picture perfect end of a perfect day.

Only one more post to go and you will have seen our entire trip!


Comments