So, tonight on American Idol the theme was songs from the movies... where do they come up with these categories? On top of that, why was Quentin Tarantino the guest mentor? Don't get me wrong, he is an amazing movie director and I love most of his movies, but what does he know about singing? Also, I don't like that only two of the judges get to comment because that means I don't get to hear what Simon has to to say on half of them.
I will do things a little different tonight by giving my 2 cents on every performance.
Take it for what it's worth.
Allison: Don't want to miss a thing

I have always liked Allison and it is true what Simon said. She is the "girl's" only hope.
Anoop: Everything I do

Still don't like you Mr. Desai even if you did sound a little better tonight.
Adam: Born to be wild

What can I say... loved it. Are you surprised? I hope that one day he picks an Iron Maiden song. That would be sweet. Click here and play the top song to see why. Make sure you get to the chorus.
Matt: Have you ever really loved a woman

He did an OK job. Just OK. I felt like he did really good in some parts of the song, but lost it in others. He might be going home tomorrow.
Danny: Endless love

Sorry people... Danny is losing his touch. Sure he gas a great voice, but he bores me.
Kris: Falling slowly

I have LOVED this song since the first time I heard it. So simple and easy to listen to. I adore Kris and I am so happy he picked this song. Vocals weren't the best, but it was still great. P.S. (from Chris) He should sing a song from Little Shop of Horrors, because he totally looks like Rick Moranis.
Lil: The Rose

I DO NOT like this song, therefore I didn't like this performance. As much as I don't want it to be five guys and one girl next week... I do.
Comments