Skip to main content

How could I?

I can't believe it. I didn't take my camera with me anywhere we went this weekend! I feel funny posting without any pictures, so I will keep this short. The 4th of July is pretty special for Chris and I because it was the first time Chris said that he loved me... during the fireworks- 7 years ago! Does this sound cheesy to you? Sorry if it does. 

I have Thursdays off so Chris got off early, plus the Orkin man was coming over to spray for earwigs and spiders-both freak me out- and they were becoming a problem. 


Our friends Craig and Stephanie invited us to go out to their lake in Honeyville. I was quit surprised at how clean and secluded it was. I didn't take a swimming suit so I didn't get into the 80 degree water, but I probably will if we get invited to go again. Thanks Craig and Steph!

I have been painting some rooms in my parents house so I did that this whole weekend. I really like to paint, but I hate the prep and clean-up. Needless to say I did get a little worn out. I can't wait for it to be done! I hope my mom will like it.
Chris's family always goes camping at the Box Elder campgrounds. We always go up, but never stay the night. We aren't much for camping, but Chris's uncle Mike brought up his 4 wheeler so I got to go on one of those for the first time. I guess I lived a sheltered life. As you can guess Chris now wants one. Go figure. 

We finally spent our stimulus check. Are you ready for what we bought? 
A washer and dryer!
 
Yeah! Plus a new range.
 
The one that came with our house isn't a self cleaning range and it would make our house sooo hot. We didn't buy anything too spectacular because where we live isn't on the high end of real estate. Thinking about re-sale here.
Next time we have a long weekend I will try to remember my camera! ;)

Comments

Me said…
Chris told me that he paid for the Orkin man to come and spray and I told him that was true love! Glade would never pay to have someone come and do that. But I would love it! And your mom's house looks awesome!
Gallant Family said…
I hate when I forget the camera!!! I can't wait to see your paint job in the flesh. I am with you on not liking the prep or clean-up, though.

We totally need a new dryer. We bought food storage with our check ;)
Carrie and Jeff said…
I didn't take many pictures over the 4th either, but we didn't really do anything that exciting. The picture of the spider on your post really freaked me out. It looks like that huge spider on Harry Potter---what's his name? It starts with an A. Oh well. Really creepy.

Popular posts from this blog

Playlist Fun

I thought this would be a cool idea, and a chance for me to brag about how awesome we are ;) I decided to create a playlist that only had bands on it that either Jena or I (or both) have seen in concert. So you are now listening to this playlist. Here is a little information to go along with the playlist: It only includes bands that we wanted to see, it doesn't include opening bands (unless we really liked them). You will notice that there is more than 1 song for a few of the bands. This reflects how many times we have seen them live. (Yes, I have seen Red Hot Chili Peppers 3 times, and I will see them again if I have the chance.) I refused to include songs from 2 of the concerts that Jena has been to, for personal reasons. These concerts are Garth Brooks and The Dixie Chicks. The first concert I ever went to was in 8th grade and it was Jimmy Page and Robert Plant. You know, from Led Zeppelin. I took my dad to see Deep Purple for Father's Day a few years back. Smoke on the Wate...

Look Who's Gettin' Married!

Dallin and Sam  are getting married in May! We just love Sam and are super excited to have her in our family. In other news... Jordis is 8 months old... ... and she has us laughing everyday! By the way, I will be making this here blog private .  You know the drill.  Leave your e-mail if you want an invite.

Our Everyday Life: Weeks 15-21

Where do I begin?! A lot has happened in the few short weeks that I haven't blogged. We unexpectedly moved back to Utah! Not only Utah, but our old hometown. **** Before we moved back to Utah, we visited family in Utah for Thanksgiving. Creating hand turkeys with Mema for thanksgiving. Jordis was quite positive that we couldn't see her. Barber Family Photo! I think he's pretty handsome... Boy band shot. All the grand kids.  We made candy sleds to race at GG's house with some of Jordis' cousins.  ****    We frequently head to the Harley store as a form of entertainment. Jordis could ride on this rocking  Harley all day. Notice that she HAS to wear gloves while riding. We had one last get together with some of our really good friends in Twin before we left. Visiting someones house that they decorate their entire yard and ...