Skip to main content

Lisbon Part Deuce

Alright, moving on. Our first full day was spent in Belem.
This was in a little park across the street from a huge monastery (more pictures of that on a later post) It's a sculpture of two horses. We don't even know why they were there or what they mean but, we just like the line from Family Guy were Peter says that "horses are bad people". I don't know, were are weird like that. ;0)
* just a note-there is a video so you might want to kill the music*

This is what the sidewalks look like all over the place. Slippery when wet. I know from experience.


Torre de Belem


This tower was built at the opening of the Tagus River in the 1500s. The river is the only way to get to Lisbon from the Atlantic Ocean, so this tower was built as a look out.

Monument of Discoveries


A monument built for all of the discoverers who came from Portugal. The most famous of which is Vasco Da Gama who discovered the trade route from Portugal to India. In a later post there will be pictures of Vasco Da Gama's tomb from Mosteiro Dos Jeronimos.

You are here.


THE BEST PASTRY SHOP IN THE WHOLE WORLD!!!



Pasteis de Belem is the most famous pastry shop in the Lisbon area. And for good reason, it was AMAZING! In fact, it was so good that we went back again on another day.

Chris devouring his *pastel de nata*




Comments

Carrie and Jeff said…
Looks beautiful. I'm jealous and can't wait to see more. I need to call you.
Me said…
Wow! I hope I get to travel some day. With Glade would be nice but if he doesn't want to, I'm good going alone...or just with you and Chris! I could sleep right in between you! How fun would that be! It looks awesome and it's good to have you back!
Tara and Andrew said…
Jena...I found your blog!:) Looks like an absolute blast. How fun for you and Chris to do together. I would love to travel someday. That is definitely on my "bucket list"...go to Europe!
Gallant Family said…
Too fun, Jena!!! I still can't believe you guys went. I am so jealous. I am with Shari, but I know Pete would want to go too. We've been talking about Europe trips for the past 4 years of our marriage, but has it happened yet??? NOPE!!! Anyway, I am excited to see more!

Popular posts from this blog

Playlist Fun

I thought this would be a cool idea, and a chance for me to brag about how awesome we are ;) I decided to create a playlist that only had bands on it that either Jena or I (or both) have seen in concert. So you are now listening to this playlist. Here is a little information to go along with the playlist: It only includes bands that we wanted to see, it doesn't include opening bands (unless we really liked them). You will notice that there is more than 1 song for a few of the bands. This reflects how many times we have seen them live. (Yes, I have seen Red Hot Chili Peppers 3 times, and I will see them again if I have the chance.) I refused to include songs from 2 of the concerts that Jena has been to, for personal reasons. These concerts are Garth Brooks and The Dixie Chicks. The first concert I ever went to was in 8th grade and it was Jimmy Page and Robert Plant. You know, from Led Zeppelin. I took my dad to see Deep Purple for Father's Day a few years back. Smoke on the Wate...

Look Who's Gettin' Married!

Dallin and Sam  are getting married in May! We just love Sam and are super excited to have her in our family. In other news... Jordis is 8 months old... ... and she has us laughing everyday! By the way, I will be making this here blog private .  You know the drill.  Leave your e-mail if you want an invite.

Our Everyday Life: Weeks 15-21

Where do I begin?! A lot has happened in the few short weeks that I haven't blogged. We unexpectedly moved back to Utah! Not only Utah, but our old hometown. **** Before we moved back to Utah, we visited family in Utah for Thanksgiving. Creating hand turkeys with Mema for thanksgiving. Jordis was quite positive that we couldn't see her. Barber Family Photo! I think he's pretty handsome... Boy band shot. All the grand kids.  We made candy sleds to race at GG's house with some of Jordis' cousins.  ****    We frequently head to the Harley store as a form of entertainment. Jordis could ride on this rocking  Harley all day. Notice that she HAS to wear gloves while riding. We had one last get together with some of our really good friends in Twin before we left. Visiting someones house that they decorate their entire yard and ...